Rules, Regulations & Guidelines
• Anyone can join Cosplay Invitational whether you are a Pokemon #039 or Hideyoshi. We don’t discriminate.
• Shortlisted nominees for online voting must confirm with us your interest in participation within five (5) days of receiving notice of your nomination. If you failed to confirm within given period, you will forfeit your nomination and a new representative will be selected.
• Nominees voted in by the public will have two (2) days thereafter to confirm their participation. Please think carefully on your decision and do not FFK! Those who backed out or MIA (Missing in Action) last minute without sufficiently-valid reasons will be blacklisted for the following year.
• Shortlisted nominees will be given free entry to Comic Fiesta 2018. Additional tickets can be provided upon request (up to a maximum of two (2) per participating member) upon confirmation of participation.
• For shortlisted nominees, you must provide three (3) of your cosplay photos in high resolution (minimum 3000×2000, i.e. 6megapixel).
• You don’t have to wear the same costume in all three (3) photos provided.
• Of the photos provided, there must at least be :
– One (1) in landscape,
– One (1) in portrait
– One (1) in either landscape or portrait
• The organiser is arranging for a photoshoot session with CupCat Studios (Date TBC). Participation in this is not mandatory but encouraged.
• All skits performed for the Cosplay Invitational are encouraged to be in English. If you wish to perform in Eltharin, Lekh Dothraki, Khuzdul, Klingonese, binary-bleeps (or any other language for that matter), do consider the comprehension of our judges and provide subtitles whenever necessary.
• The use of pre-made audio, video and/or image files is encouraged. Only the following file formats will be supported,
Audio – .wav
Video – .mov
Image – .jpeg/.jpg/.png
• The use of a recording studio may be requested for and provided pending availability. (Details will be provided upon confirmation of availability.)
• Any audio, video and/or image files/recordings to be used must be sent over for a quality check by 20th November latest.
• If your audio, video and/or image(s) fails the quality check, you need to redo it until the organizers are satisfied.
• You are required to attend Pre-event briefing on a date and time yet to be confirmed. (Exact time will only be confirmed latest by 1st December)
• Thirty (30) minutes before briefing begins, you need to register yourselves at the registration counter.
• We will have one contact person to assist you through the rest of the competition.
Stage & Setup
• The Comic Fiesta 2018 Cosplay Invitational will be held at a venue and time yet to be confirmed.
• Standard Comic Fiesta Cosplay Rules & Regulations will still apply.
• The precise stage dimensions will be confirmed soon.
• Participants will have access to,
o Two (2) 2×5’ IBM tables
o Five (5) standard banquet chairs
o Three (3) cordless microphones
o A projector screen (dimensions to be confirmed)
All participants are encouraged to make full use of the facilities as they deem necessary.
• Additional logistical support (including the use of stage lighting) may be provided upon advance request pending availability.
• Participants will have a maximum of two (2) minutes to set up their skit, and up to eight (8) minutes to perform.
• There can be strictly no “do-overs” or “restarts” on competition day.
• As usual, keep the contents of the skit PG13. That means no blatant vulgarities and/or obscenities.
• No messes on stage. Any messes left behind by a participant will result in a deduction of marks.
• No projectiles may be fired into the audience area. The organizer has the right to disqualify and remove participants from the event premises if they are found to have violated this rule.
• Do not damage the facilities. Any damage sustained while using the facilities will be made the responsibility of the participant.
• If a participant is not sure of what is or not allowed on stage, he/she/they are more than welcome to ask for further clarifications.
Saikangs (i.e. Helpers)
• A maximum of two (2) helpers are allowed for any participant.
• Helpers are not considered into a participant’s member count. (i.e. Regardless of your group size, you will always be able to have up to two (2) helpers.)
• Helpers may assist participants in the set-up of their skit, set-up their costumes, make-up and/or assist in the choreography from off-stage.
• Helpers may also play as props (e.g. a tree), provide on-stage manual effects (e.g. a fireball), in which case, they MUST be covered in black.
• Helpers cannot carry any speaking roles throughout your skit, nor can they play the role of extras.
• Helpers cannot handle any stage equipment. If something needs to be move, it must be done with a request to the stage crew.